Professionals in Construction Project Management
Simplex Construction Management, Inc. (Simplex) is a California-based professional consulting firm. Incorporated in 1993, Simplex’s experienced staff offers comprehensive construction program management services including but not limited to project management, construction management, scheduling, estimating, inspection, contract administration, and document control services for private and public sector projects.
Simplex is committed to the management principles of placing the client first and making the client’s objectives its own, building a team relationship between client, architect/engineer, and contractor, and making timely decisions based on professional experience and judgment.
Certified as a Small-, Very Small-, Minority-, and Disadvantaged-Owned Business Enterprise (SBE/VSBE/MBE/DBE) firm, Simplex carries certification from the following government agencies:
- Port of Long Beach
- California Department of Transportation
- City of Los Angeles
- Metropolitan Water District (MWD)
Founder and President Roger Soneja, P.E. has positioned Simplex as a client-oriented business that operates independently of affiliations with architects, engineers, contractors, and developers in order to provide unbiased services to its clients.
Pre-Design Phase Services
- Develop Project Management Plan and Master Schedule
- Conduct Architectural/Engineer Selection and Provide Architectural Programming Support
- Develop Project Budgets, Schedule and Project Strategy
Design Phase Services
- Design Document Requirements
- Provide Communications, Value Engineering, and Constructability Reviews
- Prepare and Maintain Estimates of Cost and Schedules
Bid / Award Phase Services
- Market Project to Attract Best Qualified Contractors and Conduct Pre-Bid Conference
- Review Bids, Award Contract and Lead/Assist in Preparation of Contract
Construction Phase Services
- Conduct Pre-Construction Conference
- Provide Documentation Control and Develop Project Budgets and Schedules
- Review and Negotiate Change Orders and Monitor Progress and Quality of Construction
- Secure Required Close Out Documents and Coordinate Punch List
- Assist Owner with Move-In and Occupancy of New Facility
Claims / Expert Witness
- Claims Avoidance and Analysis
- What – If Scenarios
Simplex maintains high insurance limits of one million dollars ($1,000,000) for Commercial General Liability, Automobile Liability, Worker’s Compensation, Employer’s Liability, and Professional Liability to protect our clients and Simplex.